UPVC is a very popular material within the construction industry and its popularity is due to it being low maintenance, cost-effective and very durable. For these reasons, it's clear to see why the majority of new builds choose uPVC windows and doors. As a general recommendation uPVC will last 20-25 years. However, if the product is of good quality and looked after correctly, some uPVC products have been known to last for decades.
MBS offer a 10-year guarantee as standard on all products Supplied and we can offer a range that meets all budget requirements.
MBS works hard to find our clients the best products on the market and look at products that are not only high quality and value for money but partners who share our beliefs with regards to the environment and sustainability. As a company we appreciate we are part of a massive chain, that must work together to protect our world for future generations. This is why we are proud to be, an approved Installer and Supplier of REHAU uPVC products.
REHAU systems are manufactured using only quality materials, which results in energy-efficient products with good life usability. As a company, they offer a range of products that are made from recycled materials using a co-extrusion process. These products are still of the best quality but enable different PVC materials to be recycled and processed on the core of the profile and the outer skin, meaning less waste, which benefits the environment. As we all know, we not only have an ethical requirement to our world but with more stringent government guidelines we have a legal requirement too.
MBS are proud to offer an array of products to meet Fire, Passivhaus and general needs. We can offer them a vast array of colors and systems to meet all project budgets. For more information on any of our Rehau or other uPVC products please contact us on [email protected] or call our team on 01234 404040.
Below are some of the uPVC products we offer:
- TOTAL 70 RANGE
- AGILA SLIDING DOOR
- AGILA MULTIFOLD DOOR
- PASSIVHAUS: GENEO
- FIRE RESISTANT: RAUFERNO
- POLYTEC 50 CURTAIN WALL SYSTEM
This is just a few examples of the uPVC products we have available. For more information on our full range of uPVC products or a specific product you have in mind please contact us on [email protected] us on 01234 404040.
The TOTAL70 Range comes complete with A+ window rating for thermal efficiency, the best you can possibly achieve. This range of 70mm Windows and Doors are either double glazed giving a very competent U value of 1.6 W/m2K or triple glazed with Argon sealed Units which will give your property Passivhaus standards of 0.8W/m2k.
The Total70 range comprises of multi chambered profiles, that will meet all requirements of new build, commercial and domestic refurbishment markets and this Range can meet the British BS7950 and PAS24 security standards.
The TOTAL70 Range can also be manufactured in white or a selection of wood grain laminate finishes.
- The most popular of the 70 range.
- Predominately a Chamfered System with a part Sculptured Sash option.
- It is multi-chambered enabling maximum thermal Efficiency.
- Most cost effective sealed units.
- Can accommodate the best security hardware available.
- Available in:
- French and Casement Windows (comes in the choice of internally and externally beaded
- Tilt and Turn
- Horizontal Pivot Windows
- Bay and Bow windows
- Tilt, turn patio Doors
- French doors
- Fully sculptured system perfect for adding ornate details when required to both old and new properties.
- Multi-chambered for maximal thermal efficiency.
- Can accommodate with the most up to date security hardware.
- Available in:
- French and Casement Windows
- Tilt and Turn Windows
- Bay and Bow Windows
- Residential Doors
- Tilt/ Slide patios
- French Doors
- Thermal performance A
- Fully reversible system ideal for use in high rise buildings where cleaning from the inside is required.
- Has a flush fitting Sash and Frame which provides a contemporary look to traditional casement windows.
- Slim sightlines to create more contemporary look to casement windows.
We have come a long way in the development of uPVC sash windows and it is fair to say years ago timber was the only choice when looking for replacing sash windows when your property is of a certain style or age. Now with better quality and choices available, the choice of deciding between uPVC and Timber Sash Windows is fast becoming a difficult decision. With developments in technology and manufacturing uPVC Sash Windows are no longer glaringly modern and can be manufactured in an array of Colours and Styles to fit any property.
Sash Windows are iconic and stylish and chances are if you see a classic style building, typically you will find part of there character is from the beautiful sash windows that give the property there charm. They are not only stylish but practical as they are easy to use and space saving as one Sash slides over the other.
Unfortunately like all Windows over time there will need to be replaced and choosing the correct window to keep your house in character is an important decision.
So why choose uPVC over Timber?
The cheapest material for double-glazed windows is uPVC, so the obvious answer is cost. UPVC as a material is energy efficient and offers great security at far lower prices than other materials such as aluminium and timber. To keep a traditional look and feel uPVC can even offer a woodgrain foil finish, available in white and a number of colours in wood effects so the end result is still a Sash Window that looks right in any earlier properties. Products that can be manufactured in uPVC are also low maintenance compared to traditional Timber frames that can suffer with rotting frames, rattling glazing, peeling paint and draughtiness over time. So uPVC is also the low maintenance option as it does not need to be retreated and repainted unlike Timber, which needs to be done on average every 3-8 years.
MBS have a selection of uPVC Sash Windows for you to choose from including the Rehau Heritage Range which you know is quality as it’s from the much trusted brand of Rehau. It offers all the traditional aesthetic qualities you’d expect from a traditional Sash Window, but with a modern approach to security. This Range has been designed with careful consultation with Conservation bodies and Housing Associations and is the most authentic looking uPVC Sash Window on the UK market but still with all the added benefits of uPVC with regard to energy efficiency and low maintenance.
- U-Value: can be as low as 1.4
- Glazing Unit: DG
- Includes all the things you would expect from a traditional Sash Window, deep bottom rail, but includes slim Sashes for improved sight lines
- Optional Georgian Bar
- Double Glazing for noise reduction
AGILA SLIDING DOOR
WHY CHOOSE A SLIDING DOOR?
Sliding doors are a brilliant way to add natural light to any property, with the option of bigger panes of glass the flow of light connects the outside and inside world together. From a practical point of view they are thermal efficient, easy to operate and they offer an unrestricted view to your outside space making them perfect for families with small children. Unlike bi-folds, sliding doors are perfect for properties with limited space. As they gently glide sideward into the frame meaning they do not require that extra space to fold in or out like a bi-fold. Sliding doors are a perfect choice for any property and will offer a sleek and simple look that harmonises with most architectural styles.
- U-Value will be based as the centre pane values of what units you intend to incorporate into the frames
- 86mm Overall Depth (160mm Triple track Frame)
- 60mm Sash Width
- Triple Glazing option (36mm)
- Pre-inserted Gasket and Brush pile
- PVCu Infill and Aluminium tread plate
- PVC and Aluminium Interlock options
- Entry level and Enhanced Security option (PAS 24)
- Coupling section for TOTAL70
- Compatible with Ancillary Range
- 8 Colour options available
AGILA MULTI-FOLD DOOR
WHY CHOOSE A MULTI-FOLD DOOR?
The beauty of a Multi-fold door, is it transforms your home from two separate environments to one beautiful flowing space. As the door opens the inside and outside become one huge space, allowing natural light to flood into your home, maximising all living space. The Agila is a modern choice with its slim sightlines and practical low threshold and comes standard with new coarse brush pile, which will minimize dirt from entering your home. The track sits directly onto brickwork to reduce movement in the roller mechanism, meaning less chance for the door rollers to need adjusting over time.
- U-Value will be based on the centre pane values of what units you incorporate into the frame
- Is available in white and a choice of 3 woodgrain laminate options as standard but a further range of woodgrain and solid colour laminates are available on special order
- Comes available in 3,4,5,6 and 7 door sash options
- Open from left, right or centre
- Min Sash Width: 330mm
- Max Sash Width: 900mm
- Max Weight: 80kg/sash
- Compatible with REHAU70 ancillaries
- Fully integrated gasket options now available
- Sound Insulation option (different glazing units and in particular the variation of glass thickness and air space) For example 4-12-4mm (30db) / 6-12-4mm (34db)
- Track is reversible so allows for inward and outward opening
MBS would like to introduce you to the Geneo System from Rehau. One of the most energy efficient PVC systems available on the market today. This multi chambered profile can reduce energy loss by up to 76% using a high-tech fibre reinforced composite material RAU-FIPRO which is fully recyclable and has a U-Value that can be as low as 0.67 W/m2k. The RAU-FIBRO is an ingenious material that has been developed based on fibre composites used in air craft construction and formula 1 vehicles bringing high technology to the glazing industry. As well as being incredibly energy efficient this system is very secure because of the self-reinforced profile (Rau-Fipro) and low maintenance with its outer layer of high-quality uPVC. With its extensive choice of design options, this profile is perfect for all types of projects ranging from residential, commercial and Passivhaus.
- Certified Passivhaus when fabricated with appropriate glass
- U Value can be as low as 0.67 W/m2k
- Material: RAU-FIPRO fibre composite material, co-extruded outer layer all the way around made from high quality RAHAU-PVC for the best surface quality
- Burglary resistance: up to resistance class 3, up to resistance class 2 without steel
- Sound insulation up to SSK 5 without steel reinforcement, RwP = 47 db with glazing Rw = 50 db
- 86mm profile depth
- Comes in an array of colours either using decorative foils or lacquering
- Choice of Architectural possibilities as it can be manufactured using individual shapes e.g. round and triangular and also chamfering and Georgian bar techniques
- Thermally efficient
- High quality
- Low Maintenance
All our Passivhaus products are build and designed to help deliver reduced energy use, good indoor air quality and comfortable temperatures for the user. As a supplier and installer of Passivhaus glazing products we have the knowledge and understanding to assist in you to deliver all your PASSIVHAUS needs. For more information contact us on [email protected] or call us on 01234 404040.
FIRE RESISTANT: RAUFERNO
This system provides an array of design options for you to install throughout a building in the following areas:
- Fire Escape
- Entrance Halls
- Deck access flats
- Fixed windows (close to other buildings)
- Windows (fixed)/doors between a house and integral garage
- Fixed fanlight (and sidelights coupled to doors)
Size: 18mm thick glazing
Frame depth: 70mm
Fire Resistant: 30 minutes
- Fixed light only and there is a limitation to their size and the coupling details
- Has all the design and security benefits of the REHAU S706 70mm profile.
- Provides you with all the security of traditional Fire Rated products, but with PVC-U benefits of improved thermal insulation, sound proofing, security options and is low maintenance
- Variety of colours
- Makes use of a intumescent strip that allows it to expand with heat. That means they can effectively offer 30 minutes fire resistance to aid in escape.
- Fixed Light Testing (Integrity Glass) BS 476:Part 22 1987- clauses 6 and 7 (30 mins) Warrington Fire Research Certificate No. C81844
- Maximum allowable pan area 1.44m2
- Fixed Light Testing (Insulated Glass) BS476: Part 22 1987- 30 minute assessment
Warrington Report 185641
Maximum glazing area of 0.563m2
Doors and Sidelight Testing: BS 476:Part 22 1987-clauses 6 and 7
Door and sidelight (30 minutes)
POLYTEC 50 (CURTAIN WALL SYSTEM)
Polytec 50 is a stick system design, that incorporates the structural capabilities of steel reinforcement, with the design and finish of aluminium and the low maintenance of uPVC. It is a perfect choice for any new build or refurbishment project, as its cost effective and has exceptional weather performance abilities being tested to the stringent CWCT (Centre for Window Cladding Technology) weather performance standards, confidently passing all areas. It is thermal efficient and has been deemed suitable for Passivhaus projects with a Ucw-value of 0.8 W/(m2k) which makes it a clever choice for any residential or commercial project. This system offers slim sightlines at a cost-effective rate compared to aluminium but has the strength of steel which makes it perfect for any larger spans. It comes in an array of colours meaning you can achieve the external aesthetics you require and has the low maintenance and energy efficient properties of uPVC. For more information on this system please contact us on [email protected] or call our team on 01234 404040.
- Range of Glazing size 6-40mm
- Max Glazing Weight is 180kg
- Sight Lines 50mm
- Colour Options (External) powder coated Ral colours/Anodised finish
- Colour Options (Internal) Pvcu White Ral 9016 or painting in Rehau Acryl II wide range of colours (Rehau Colour Chart)
- Thermal Performance (Up to Ucw-value-0.8W/(m2k) Passivhaus specification. Polytec 50 tested and Passivhaus Certified to Effeciency Class phA/ phA+)
- Polytec 50 Tested (2014) to CWCT Test methods for Building Envelopes (December 2005) Sections 5,6,7,9,11,12 and 15 for Weather and Impact performance.
Subsequent compliance with NHBC Chapter 6,9.
TEST STANDARD RESULTS
- Air Permeability 750 Pa (BS EN 12155)
- Water Tightness 1950 Pa (BS EN 12155)
- Wind Resistance 2000 Pa (BS EN 12179)
- Impact Resistance Pass I5/E5 (EN 14109)
- Sound Insulation Rw = 43dB (depending on glass spec)
This is just a few of our uPVC products we can offer, for our full range of uPVC products please contact us on [email protected] or call our team on 01234 404040. We work with some of the biggest names in the industry so our clients have access to products that meet all specific needs including Fire Rated, Acoustic and Passivhaus.
Contact Us Today To Discuss Your Project
Curtain Walling is a fantastic, low maintenance tool to open up or extend any space. With vast experience of both aluminium and SG we have the knowledge and skill to meet any specific requirements.
Whether you choose aluminium because it’s lightweight and high strength or SG for a more seamless glass line, we will ensure all our products are environmentally sustainable and meet all structural and aesthetic needs of our clients.
Tony Shields - Senior Surveyor (Thomas Sinden)
Following recommendations from another specialist within our approved supply chain and review of their competency. MBS Group Ltd have carried out a number of windows installations schemes for use on various sites.